Most recent posts and upcoming events:
- Desert Storm 30th Anniversary posts TOCFor convenience, there is a link to the TOC page in the menu bar of my website, but for anyone using an RSS reader it…
- Finally Home.Brave Rifles! Veterans! You have been baptized in fire and blood and come out steel! 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment Regimental Accolade. From an impromptu speech…
- At last, it’s time to head homeAs we continued to man our final defensive positions with time seeming to stretch forever on, a couple of things finally caught up—most importantly, mail.…
- Operation “Get Us The F@#* Home”For the first roughly three days after the cease fire, I was still in combat mode (as were likely many, maybe all, of the other…
- Cease fire … oops, just kiddingStand-to on the morning of the 28th was a vastly different experience from the most recent previous stand-to, on the morning of he 24th. For…
Currently, I have the following books available:
With It or in It: Desert Shield and Desert Storm from the Loader’s Hatch
Using humor and frank candor, author Bacil Donovan Warren shares his personal experience, as well as that of his fellow tankers, as part of the US Army's 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment (the "Brave Rifles") in Saudi Arabia and Iraq during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.More info →
Out of nowhere, a rogue meteor impact threatens to derail JPL's Mars Habitat Preparation project.
After years of effort, Dr. Steve Johnson and his team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory celebrate the landing of their HabiPrep lander on Mars, which will begin constructing a habitat for future astronauts.
Their celebration is curtailed when an uncharted object suddenly appears on a crash course to Mars, turning the JPL mission sideways. New questions arise when the object is found to be other than it seemed, questions which may provide a terrifying answer to Fermi's famous question: "where is everybody?"
Hooray for Pain!: Poetry and Prose about embracing life’s difficulty in order to overcome it
Hooray for Pain! is a moving, poignant masterpiece of modern American poetry and prose.
From the touching “Witnessing” and “Jeweled Curves” to heart-wrenching pieces like “Coming Home,” “Why?” and “See me after school,” Hooray for Pain! astutely captures the breadth and depth of human emotion, and the beautiful, occasionally painful reality of human experience.More info →